These are the books I finished in 2012:
1. Ghoul Interrupted / Victoria Laurie
2. Vision Impossible / Victoria Laurie (took almost TWO MONTHS, I’m not a big fan of amateur spy stories)
3. Succubus Revealed / Richelle Mead
4. Fair Game / Patricia Briggs (April–looks like it’s gonna be another bad year for books)
5. Buried Prey / John Sandford (5/5/12)
6. Let’s Pretend This Never Happened / Jenny Lawson (5/6/12)
7. The Silent Girl / Tess Gerritsen (7/7/12)
8. A Discovery of Witches / Deborah Harkness (7/12)
9. Shadow of Night / Deborah Harkness (7/12)
10. Lethal Outlook / Victoria Laurie (8/1/12)
11. Kitty Steals the Show / Carrie Vaughn (8/9/12)
12. Unholy Ghosts / Stacia Kane (8/27/12)
13. Monument 14 / Emmy Laybourne (9/5/12)
14. Marked / P.C. and Kristin Cast (11/10/12)
15. What a Ghoul Wants / Victoria Laurie (12/30/12)
Once upon a time, my list of books read in a year was three times longer than this, but it’s been getting harder and harder for me to stay interested in a story long enough to finish it. For instance, right now I’m about six (or ten?) chapters into Two Graves by Lincoln and Child. I usually LOVE Pendergast novels, but this one is leaving me bored and I’m having trouble pushing myself to pick it up again.
My favorite books this year were A Discovery Witches and its sequel Shadow of Night. They were long and rich and comforting and compelling and I can’t wait for the third book. I also enjoyed What a Ghoul Wants and Marked, and of course, Let’s Pretend This Never Happened (Jenny Lawson is a hilarious goddess!). In general, though, it was an uninspiring year, filled with many more books that I lost interest in before the final page.
Fingers are crossed for a more prolific 2013. On deck are the new Dresden book, the latest Prey book, the last Women of the Otherworld book, and a few new things I picked up while trolling Amazon.